Mercury Retrograde Returns

by Adrienne on October 23, 2013

Mercury Retrograde is back and I can tell we’re all feeling it! I had everything from mysterious printer failures, to my new phone failing to make sounds, to stubbing toes, to general miscommunication. Honestly, when most people hear we are in a Mercury in Retrograde it makes them want to just stay home, hide under the covers and turn off. Sometimes, I feel like that’s not such a bad idea. If you’re not sure what a Mercury in Retrograde is, you can read about it here in my previous post. Mercury in Retrograde started Monday October 21 and will go all the way up to Sunday November 10th. You can start feeling Mercury Retrogrades up to 5 days before the start date and after the end date too. We are just exiting Libra and entering the Scorpio phase and I know a lot of people cringe when they hear Scorpio. But really, Scorpios get a bad rap. This is a time of sensitivity, emotions, using your gut instincts and standing up for yourself.

During this time, it’s all about issues of power, boundaries, recognizing your dark sides, letting go and supporting a healing process. Intensity is definitely going to be felt during this phase so I recommend a good meltdown or cry fest. Why keep all that stuff bottled up inside? Don’t even bother trying to avoid these feelings because there will be technical mishaps and travel mishaps that will stop you and force you to pause. I am actually beginning to think that Mercury in Retrogrades are typically bad for some people because of all the unexpressed emotions trying to find an outlet. Turn your devices off, sit in silence, feel the pain and the fear you so desperately try to avoid on a daily basis. Cry your eyes out. It’s ok to slow it down and feel these emotions – they are part of our natural human reaction to this crazy world we live in. Give yourself the time, space and attention to feel.

❤ Adrienne

Do you have a story to share? Leave comment below. Or submit a Wednesday’s Wisdom question here.

Get articles, exclusive offers, early bird shop news, and more.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Willo O'Brien October 23, 2013 at 11:35 am

People cringe when they hear Scorpio?! I’ve never heard that. I have a Scorpio rising and a Scorpio moon, and I’m absolutely delighted about how that makes me sensitive, emotionally aware, and in-tune to my gut instincts! :)

Thanks for the heads up on Mercury Retrograde.

Adrienne October 23, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Willo, and you are the sweetest Scorpio I have ever met! Honestly, I think it’s the imagery of the scorpion and the stinger and possibly the film Scorpio Rising maybe? I am not exactly sure why certain people cringe but I’ve noticed it. Scorpio’s can be intense and they typically don’t put up with crap but I think that’s a good thing. I’ve had mostly great experiences with them, probably because I’m a water sign. Water signs always connect emotionally. Hope that explains it better.

Willo O'Brien October 23, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I remember when I first learned about Scorpios (even before I fully understood my rising & moon were Scorpio), a friend had told me they can’t stand small talk; they want to dive deeper & have meaningful conversations. I definitely have the forward facing, outgoing & friendly gemini traits, but realtalk is a beautiful & treasured experience in my world. :)

Thanks for these wonderful posts. I’m enjoying them! xo

Adrienne October 23, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Scorpio’s are pretty great! Thanks for reading up on my posts. I especially loved your latest post on dating. So awesome! <3

Becky November 14, 2013 at 11:45 pm

So that explains why I’ve been in the dumps lately. I’m usually such a happy person, seeing the good in all. But I’ve been depressed and crying at the drop of a hat. I want it to go away!!! I don’t like being unhappy. I want to be my old self again.
Oh well, I know I will. Just had to vent a bit.

Adrienne November 15, 2013 at 11:10 am

Yes, it’s challenges come up during a Mercury Retrograde and Scorpio will definitely make you feel! The Retrograde energies are fading away as we speak – now you can reflect on what happened for you. Merc Retro’s are good for that.